Where do I Start?
There are two places where you can easily bulk upload multiple Resources from. Settings or straight from the Scheduler.
Add Multiple Resources from Scheduler
Add multiple resources direct from the scheduler. Using the sidebar ‘Add New’, clicking the 3 vertical dots of new resource allows you to bulk add multiple resources.
- Click ‘Add New’ for the drop down list
- Click 3 vertical dots of ‘New Resource’
- Select ‘Bulk Add Resources’
- Opens the Bulk Add Resources modal.
Bulk upload from Settings:
Navigate to ‘Settings’. Scroll along the sidebar to ‘Manage’. Select ‘Manage Resources’ from the sidebar drop down list. Here you have sight of all you current resources within Hub Planner. There are also two versions of bulk uploading. Both achieve more or less the same result. Just choose which one is good for you.
- Manage Resources
- Add Resources
- Drop Down List click ‘Add Multiple Resources’
- The Bulk Add modal pop up will appear and request you to take the following steps:
The Bulk Upload Modal
Paste resource data
The first tab ‘Paste’ allows you to simply and easily add the field data in the text box separating data with a comma. Add multiple resources by entering to the next line. Once ready, click ‘Continue’. Then you will assign the values.
Upload from file
An alternative option is to upload the data from a .csv or excel file.
Once you pasted or uploaded your file. You will then assign the headers to the values.
Using the example above of pasting the data into the Paste tab: It will also look the same if I uploaded from a .csv or .xls file.
Now I assign the headers to the columns:
Once ready, select ‘import’. You will see a ‘successful’ pop up and documenting the quantity of newly created or updated resources.
What are the header options for Bulk Uploading Resources?
The following options are valid for bulk uploading resources.
- Resource First Name
- Resource Last Name
- First Name Last Name
- Last Name First Name
- Invite / Don’t Invite to Hub Planner
first name – (required)
- The First Name of Resource (Unique)
last name – (required)
- The Last Name of Resource (Unique)
First Name Last Name
first name_last name
- The First Name Last Name of Resource (Unique)
Last Name First Name
last name_first name
- The Last Name First Name of Resource (Unique)
- The Email address of Resource to be added to Hub Planner
- Text – Enter the name of an existing or new group for this resource to belong to.
- Assign role to the resource. Choose from
- Team (default)
- Acc Handler 1
- Acc Handler 2
- Select option to invite or don’t invite user to Hub Planner
Bulk Upload Legacy
You can download the .csv template to bulk upload projects via here
1 – Download the .csv template here
2 – Add your content
3 – Upload the file within the pop up.
How do I Upload my template?
- Manage Resources
- Add New Resources
- Add Multiple Resources
- A pop up will appear
- Upload tab
- Select File
- Assign Values
- Your Resources Will Now Appear within the Scheduler Sidebar
How to Bulk Update Resources?
Say you wish to update resources in bulk, we can also complete this too. For example, you might need to update the resource status, add emails to resource profiles, update the role type etc.
We will follow the same steps as above, if you were to add multiple resources. Except when uploading, it will detect the existing resource and update the resource profile accordingly.
I need more help on how to Bulk Upload Resources?
Sure, send us a message via email@example.com